Georgian Chapter of the International Society of Public Law
1st Annual Conference
“Challenges of Modern Public Law”
June 23-25, 2023 – Batumi, Georgia
The conference is dedicated to the 30th anniversary of legal education in Batumi
Call for Papers and Panels
ICON•S Georgia – Georgian Chapter of the International Society of Public Law, in partnership with Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, welcomes you to the Society’s 1st Annual Conference, scheduled to be held on June 23 – 25, 2023, in Batumi, Georgia.
Please download the Call for Papers and Conference Rules (PDF)
All submissions must be made by April 25, 2023 via the registration form at the bottom of this page.
For any inquiries regarding the 2023 Annual Conference, please contact us via email: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your submission and to seeing you in Batumi!
Malkhaz Nakashidze & Maia Kopaleishvili
Co-Chairs of ICON·S Georgian Chapter
- Malkhaz Nakashidze, Professor, Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Maia Kopaleishvili, Professor, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Avtandil Demetrashvili, Professor, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University
- Anna Phirtskhalashvili, Professor, Georgian National University
- Dimitry Gegenava, Professor, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University
- Nana Chighladze, Professor, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Giorgi Kverenchkhiladze, Professor, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Giorgi Alaverdashvili, PhD student, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Eka Kavelidze, Associate Professor, New Vision University
- Giorgi Mshvenieradze, Assistant Professor, Tbilisi Free University
- Levan Jakeli, Professor, Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Sophio Demetrashvili, Associate Professor, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University
- Mamuka Shengelia, Professor, Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Giorgi Mirianashvili, Associate Professor, Grigol Robakidze University
- Tamar Gurchiani, Associate Professor, Ilia State University
- Malkhaz Begiashvili, Professor, University of Georgia
- Tinatin Erkvania, Associate Professor, Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA)
- Giorgi Goradze, Professor, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University
- Sophio Shengelia, Assistant Professor, Caucasus University
- Nikoloz Megrelishvili, PhD student, University of Georgia, Visiting Lecturer, Batumi
- Shota Rustaveli State University
- Besik Loladze, Professor, Georgian National University
- Davit Gabaidze, PhD student, Assistant, Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- Givi Luashvili, Visiting Lecturer, Georgian National University
- Giorgi Meladze, Associate Professor, Ilia State University
- Lasha Margishvili, PhD student, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Magda Japharidze, PhD student, University of Georgia
- Tengiz Tevzadze, Assistant Professor, Sulkhan-Saba Orbeliani University
- Vasil Gonashvili, Associate Professor, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
INDIVIDUAL CONFERENCE SUBMISSIONS
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CONFERENCE
The conference will be helt at the Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, in Batumi, Georgia. The Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is one of the leading higher education institutions, a strong educational-research center in the national and international educational space.
For farter information please visit website
HOST CITY – BATUMI
Batumi is the second largest city of Georgia and the capital of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara, located on the coast of the Black Sea in Georgia’s southwest. It is situated in a subtropical zone at the foot of the Caucasus. Much of Batumi’s economy revolves around tourism and gambling, but the city is also an important seaport and includes industries like shipbuilding, food processing and light manufacturing. Since 2010, Batumi has been transformed by the construction of modern high-rise buildings, as well as the restoration of classical 19th-century edifices lining its historic Old Town. Fof more information please visit website
TRAVEL INFORMATION – By Air
With direct flight it is possible to reach Batumi International Airport, located in the south of Batumi, 2 km from the city. To get to Batumi you can also choose Tbilisi International Airport, David Agmashenebeli International Airport of Kutaisi and Trabzon International Airport (Turkey), Rize–Artvin Airport (RZV) (Turkey), from those locations you can use land transport to arrive in Batumi.
It takes 10-15 minutes to get to Batumi by taxi from the International Airport of Batumi. The taxi price is about 15-20 Lari. You can also use public bus #10 which takes 20 minutes and only 0.40 Lari to get to the centre of the city.
TRAVEL INFORMATION – By Train
Travel from Tbilisi to Batumi by direct train of Georgian railways.
The journey time is 5:30 hours.
The train ticket fare is 35 GEL (12 EUR) in 2nd class and 75 GEL (26 EUR) in 1st class.
Find the exact train schedule and buy your tickets via the website of Georgian Railway https://www.railway.ge Buy tickets via the websites https://tkt.ge and https://biletebi.ge
ACCOMMODATION IN BATUMI
Discount price for ICON-S Conference participants
33 Zurab Gorgiladze, 6000 Batumi, Georgia
Phone: +995 571 75 10 01; +995 577 51 58 51
Discount price for ICON-S Conference participants
For booking please contact the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org
13 Kostava str., 6010, Batumi, Georgia
BOOK ACCOMMODATION BY OFFICIAL BOOKING PLATFORMS: